Soft, chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are filled to the cookie brim with fall flavors! The cinnamon and pumpkin pair perfectly with the oatmeal to make a balanced, chewy, chocolatey cookie!
No raisins here!
Okay, typically oatmeal cookies have raisins in them. But here’s the thing: I’m not a big of raisins. If they’re covered in chocolate, I’ll eat them (I mean, I’ll eat anything covered in chocolate). But raisins by themselves isn’t really my jam.
Also, does it bother anyone else that raisins look like chocolate chips in most oatmeal cookies? I mean, can we get a show of hands of the amount of people who bite into an oatmeal cookie thinking it had chocolate chips only to realize you have a mouthful of raisins? Yeah, that’s probably the start of most people’s trust issues.
If you love raisins, you can definitely add them instead of the chocolate chips! I always encourage you to add whatever delicious add-ins you’d like! Afterall, this is just my recipe, but they’re YOUR cookies!
Cinnamon versus pumpkin spice
Pumpkin Spice is definitely the fall spice mascot! I am totally obsessed with it. I would put pumpkin spice in anything and everything as soon as it turns August 1st.
If you’re not the same as me, and you’re kind of over it, you can just add cinnamon. I believe that pumpkin works best with a warm spice to bring it out, especially in baking!
Tips for these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Make sure you’re only buying pumpkin puree, and not pumpkin pie mix! They’re totally different!
- Leave about 2-3 inches of space between cookies as they tend to spread out when baking!
- Add a couple extra chocolate chips to the top for extra chocolatey deliciousness!
These are everything you want an oatmeal cookie to be: sweet, chewy, and full of chocolate chips!
I love how the pumpkin and pumpkin spice play so nicely with the oatmeal and the chocolate chips! It’s a really well rounded dessert!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 stick Butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar to a bowl. With the mixer on low, cream the butter and sugars together.
- Then add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla, and egg yolk. Mix together until just combined.
- Then add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Using a spatula, begin to mix the dry ingredients in.
- Add in the rolled oats and the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop cookie dough into 1-1/2 inch drops on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-14 minutes. The edges will be slightly brown and they are puffed up! The might still be a little soft in the middle but they’ll firm up as they cool!