Flakey pie crust, crunchy pecans, and a delicious sweet filling. This Classic Pecan Pie recipe is so easy and comes together so quick! A Thanksgiving staple that’s so good, I eat it all year long!
My greatest weakness
Here it is: I can’t make pie crust.
I do not know what it is, but pie crust just doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried all butter crusts, all shortening crusts, a combination of shortening and butter. I’ve tried using knives, pastry cutters, food processors. I’ve tried different pans, different liners, different fillers. It just never works. Because I’ve struggled so much with it, it has become a process that. I don’t enjoy, even if the pie crust actually survives.
And here’s the thing: it doesn’t matter. I use pie crust from the store and no one has ever said anything. I mean, you see the pictures? Would you automatically assume it’s store-bought? Probably not right!
If there’s something that’s not fun for you in the kitchen, just use a shortcut. There is no shame at all in using a store-bought shortcut. Baking should be fun, so do what you need to to enjoy it!
No one will know the difference.
Of course, if you have a favorite pie crust recipe, you can use that!
Maple Extract: the real MVP
Maple extract?! Whaaat?!
I know, it’s unusual. But it is amazing! I originally got it for these Maple Nut Scones and have since been looking for different ways to use it!
Adding it to this pecan pie is one of the best uses for it!
Maple is a very warm flavor which pairs perfectly with the cinnamon and pecans! It adds a ton of depth to these flavors and I think helps the nuttiness of the pecans shine through!
I found mine at a local spice shop, but it’s available at some grocery stores and online!
If you can’t find it, vanilla works just as good!
Tips for this Classic Pecan Pie
- To make life easier, use a store-bought pie crust!
- Add a little bit of maple extract to really bring out the sweetness and warmth of this dessert!
- Allow the pie to cool for about 20 minutes before you serve it. This helps the inside hold it’s shape more when you cut it!
Pecan pie is probably one of my favorite pies, if not my actual favorite pie!
So maybe I’m biased when I say this pie is absolutely delicious!
Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 Pie Crust store-bought
- 2 cups Pecans
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maple Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second increments, until fully melted.
- Add brown sugar to the butter, and whisk together.
- Then add eggs, corn syrup, cinnamon, salt, and maple extract.
- Add about half of the pecans to the filling.
- Add your pie crust to your pie pan, leaving enough around the edges to crimp, about an inch.
- Pour your filling into your pie.
- Place the remaining pecans on the top of the pie.
- Bake the pie for about an hour to an hour and ten minutes, the crust will be golden brown, and the inside will be firm and set
- I let the pie cool for about 30 minutes, and then serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream!