Soft, cake-like donuts full of pumpkin flavor and coated in butter and cinnamon-sugar. These Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts are the coziest way to start off a fall morning. I recommend enjoying these in pajamas, cozy socks, a warm cup of coffee and a chilly morning.
Cinnamon-sugar on top
Set aside, Glazed Donuts, because they got nothin’ on this cinnamon sugar! Cinnamon sugar is my new favorite donut topping. The warmth of the donuts plays with the warmth of the cinnamon and takes the pumpkin flavor to the next level!
Cinnamon sugar is super easy to make too! I’m pretty sure you can buy it at the store, but honestly, this is one of those times where I’m going to tell you to make it instead.
The ratio of cinnamon to sugar is really up to you! I love the cinnamon flavor so mine has a ton of cinnamon! If you’re not sure if you’re feeling it, then just add a little bit of cinnamon to start! You can always add more!
Here’s whatcha need to make them:
This recipe does require a donut pan! I really try hard to not use any special pans or tools in my recipes, but this one needs it!
You can find a donut pan online or your local grocery store might have one!
If you can’t find one, you can just use a muffin tin! They probably won’t rise as much as muffins do, but they’ll still be delicious!
Tips for these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- Fill the donut pan about halfway with batter so they rise just enough!
- Use a piping bag to get the batter in the molds with less mess!
- I like to dip them in butter while they’re still slightly warm, because I think they soak up the butter and cinnamon sugar flavor better!
Aren’t these so dreamy!?
You don’t even need to be a morning person to enjoy these! They’re delicious any time of day!
P.S. If you’re looking for more fall-flavored ways to start the day, try these Pumpkin Pancakes!
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 Donut Pans
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Melt using 30-second increments.
- Add both sugars to the melted butter and stir together.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Stir together.
- After everything is mixed, stir in milk.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix everything together.
- Pour batter into piping bag, pipe donut batter into the donut pan about halfway full.
- Put the donuts into the oven, bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- While donuts are cooling, melt butter in the microwave. Add sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl and mix together.
- Take a donut and swirl it lightly in the butter and then put the donut into the cinnamon sugar mixture, making sure to coat all of the butter.
- Serve and enjoy!