This One Cookie Recipe is the best recipe for when a sweet tooth craving hits and you need something stat! Or if you don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand! Or if you don’t want to have a bunch of cookies left sitting around! Or if it’s a date night and you need a quick dessert!
Basically this One Cookie Recipe is amazing all-around.
Baking Soda Versus Baking Powder
The difference between baking soda and baking powder is something that I’m just beginning to play around with in cookies! What a delicious science experiment, am I right?!
Most of my cookie recipes use baking powder which create really light and airy cookies. It almost gives them a more cake-like texture.
Using baking soda in cookies creates a darker, chewier cookie. You’ll notice that this cookie spreads out a bit, but this allows a crispy edge while still getting that soft, gooey center.
Think of it as baking powder helps it rise, while baking soda helps it spread!
Both are equally delicious but they do different things in baking!
One Cookie or Two
This recipe can either make a really large single cookie or two medium cookies.
I really like making one large one because then the edges get super crispy while the middle is soft and gooey. The middle is definitely my favorite part!
But making two cookies is perfect for date night or a girl’s night! The cookies are still pretty big so don’t worry about anyone’s sweet tooth not being satisfied. It’s the perfect cookie ratio!
If you make one really large cookie it might change the cook time slightly. I would add maybe 2-3 minutes on to it! But keep an eye on it!
- Butter room temperature
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract – Just a few drops will do, but don’t leave it out! It’s still crucial to getting a super delicious cookie!
- Egg Yolk
- Baking Soda – this is what’s going to give those cookies the perfect crispy edges while still have a delicious gooey center!
- Chocolate Chips
Just like every other cookie recipe right?! Just mini size!
Tips and Tricks
This recipe is small enough that I just used a fork and a mini spatula to stir my ingredients together! No need to whip out the stand mixer or hand mixer for this one! That’s another plus to this recipe, you don’t have to worry about all those dishes.
I like to add extra chocolate chips to the top and then finish with a generous sprinkle of flakey salt. The extra salt on top is my favorite part!
I can’t tell you how much I love this recipe! Minimal mess and 15 minutes to a delicious cookie!?! It really doesn’t get better than this One Cookie Recipe!
One Cookie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix together.
- Add in egg yolk and mix until everything is combined.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!