It’s officially PSL (pumpkin spice latte, in case anyone didn’t get that!) Season so it only seems fitting to make these Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies! Have your PSL’s and eat them too in this deliciously pumpkin spice mashup!
What’s a PSL?
I’m *so* glad you asked! PSL stands for pumpkin spice latte and is basically the fall mascot of drinks!
I don’t think it can officially be fall without pumpkin spice lattes! A PSL is just a regular latte flavored with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, which is made of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. It’s a wonderful fall drink because it has all of those fall flavors we love with an added caffeine boost!
To turn these cookies into Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies, I add pumpkin puree, espresso powder, and pumpkin pie spice to create warm, spicy flavors of a PSL in a delicious cookie form!
I can safely say that PSL’s and cookies were made to be together.
I love pumpkin season! Fall is my favorite time of year and I absolutely love seeing all of the pumpkin recipes!
But there are a few pumpkin problems to be aware of!
- This one is HUGE! In the store, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling are always right beside each other and almost always look identical. Pumpkin puree is just pumpkin, if you look at the ingredient list on the back of the can, there should only be one ingredient on there! Pumpkin pie filling is basically a premade filling with pumpkin puree, sugar, spices, maybe even sweetened condensed milk depending on the brand. While pumpkin pie filling is great for pies, we don’t want to use it in our cookies when we’re already going to add our own sugar and spices. Be sure to really look at the can first to make sure you’re buying the right one!
- Sometimes pumpkin puree can be a bit watery. Sometimes this happens with organic pumpkin purees. If you notice that your pumpkin puree seems a bit thin, you can always measure it out first then place it on a paper towel for the towel to absorb the extra water!
- Brown sugar
- Egg Yolk
- Baking Soda
- Espresso Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
If you don’t like coffee, you can always leave it out of this recipe and end up with a super delicious pumpkin cookie!
These cookies are full of PSL vibes! The espresso powder and the pumpkin play so nicely together along with the pumpkin pie spice! Who needs PSL’s when you can have Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies!?
P.S. Need more fall recipes!? Try out my Pumpkin Crumble Bread! It’s an absolute must for fall!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Espresso Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until fully melted.
- Let butter cool slightly before adding in brown sugar and one egg yolk.
- Stir together, then add in pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed together, add in flour, espresso powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir everything together. Cover and place in the fridge for about 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!