Thick, chewy cookies loaded with rich browned butter and crunchy toffee candies! These are a super easy cookie to make with the best flavors! Try them out!
Toffee candy cookies
Okay, let’s talk about one of the most important parts of this cookie! The toffee candies inside are crucial to making these cookies! Otherwise, they would just be browned butter cookies. Which also sounds delicious!
For these, I used chocolate covered toffee bars that I found at my local grocery store. Whatever you can find will work though! I liked the chocolate covered because I’m always going to add more chocolate.
I found mini candies but I still chopped them up! I like to leave some bigger pieces while I’m chopping so you can get a nice crunch from the toffee. There’s really no exact science to this part.
Do they need to chill?
Typically, I try to stay away from recipes that require chilling the dough. I’m too excited for cookies to wait for the dough to chill!
Most cookie doughs will you use softened butter or room temperature butter. This recipe calls for melted butter, which means you need to put the cookie dough in the fridge for the butter to firm back up! Otherwise the cookies could spread a little too much when they’re cooking.
Even though there’s an extra step required for these cookies, I love that you really only need a spatula and a bowl for this recipe! I’ll do just about anything for a quicker clean up.
Tips for these Browned Butter Toffee Cookies
- Make sure the dough chills for at least thirty minutes! You want the butter to harden just slightly to get really delicious cookies!
- You don’t have to worry about getting the toffee candies chopped too small! I like have the different sizes in the cookies!
- You can melt the butter in a large glass bowl first, which means this is a one bowl cookie dough!
Browned Butter Toffee Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Egg plus one egg yolk
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Toffee Candies chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pot on the stove on medium low heat.
- Once the butter is melted and begins to bubble slightly, turn the heat down to low, stirring slightly until the butter is a golden brown color, around 7 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add in brown sugar to the melted butter and stir together.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, then mix.
- Add in vanilla.
- To the butter mixture, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Once the dry mixture is almost fully added, add in the chopped toffee candies.
- Place in the fridge for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take a medium cookie scoop and place large dollops of cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Top cookies with a few extra toffee candies and bake for about 13 minutes.
- When the cookies are done, sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt.
- Serve warm and enjoy!