Soft and sweet blueberries with a delectable cinnamon crumble to turn these Blueberry Muffin Cookies into the cookie-muffin match up for your dreams! The bigger question is not, ‘how many do you eat,’ it’s, ‘do you eat them for breakfast AND dessert?’
What are Blueberry Muffin Cookies?
Blueberry Muffin Cookies are a beautiful mashup of sweet buttery blueberry muffins with a soft, chewy sugar cookie. I wanted to take that feeling of breaking open blueberry muffin with the soft center and the little pops of blueberry throughout.
These cookies have a soft gooey center with crisp outer edges; they’re topped with a cinnamon sugar crumble and loaded up with sweet blueberries.
They come together in less than thirty minutes and are a total crowd pleaser!
To Crumble or Not To Crumble
When it comes to muffins, cookies, pies, you name it, I’m always team crumble. In fact, when I was younger I would never eat apple pie unless it was actually apple crumble. I don’t need extra pie crust, I need extra butter and sugar, you feel me??
Crumbles, and stresuels, are made from flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, and typically cinnamon. I love playing around with the ratio of brown sugar to sugar in my crumbles depending on what I’m making!
This crumble has a higher flour ratio than I typically use for my crumble recipes, but I really wanted to make sure the crumble held it’s shape on the cookies! Since the cookies have a smaller surface area, I wanted the crumble to hold its texture!
If you don’t feel like making a crumble or ran out of ingredients, no worries! These cookies are perfectly delicious all by themselves!
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
Now, tell me, how many of those ingredients did you already have in your pantry!?
These Blueberry Muffin Cookies come together so fast! I love the little pop of blueberry in the cookie too! It’s such a great balance of textures with the sweet blueberries, the chewy cookie and the crunchy crumble on top.
These cookies are great for dessert and even better for breakfast!
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious crumble recipes, try out these Browned Butter Cinnamon Crunch Cookies!
Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- 1 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- After the sugar has been fully incorporated, add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Then add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Then add in blueberries and stir together.
- In a separate bowl combine crumble ingredients: butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir together.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough, gently press down slightly.
- Top with a few more blueberries and crumble topping.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!