Creamy, smooth peanut butter gets transformed into the snickerdoodle of your dreams! These Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles are the perfect balance of creamy peanut butter, cinnamon, and sugar! It’s the most delicious peanut butter cookie you’ve ever had!
Let’s talk about snickerdoodles! I just love talking about cookies, don’t you?
A snickerdoodle is typically a sugar cookie thats been rolled in cinnamon sugar and then baked. I mean, how else do you make a cookie better than just rolling it in straight sugar!?
Most snickerdoodles will use cinnamon or vanilla as the main flavor, although some include both cinnamon and vanilla! Those have always been a favorite of mine!
If you love a snickerdoodle with some kick to it, try out these Chai Spiced Snickerdoodles! I promise, you won’t regret it!
Peanut Butter 102
The next (perhaps biggest part) of this cookie involves the peanut butter. Peanut butter is one of my favorite flavors and I *always* have peanut butter in my pantry.
Even when my pantry is the most empty, you better believe I still have peanut butter.
I recommend using a regular, plain ole’ peanut butter. Nothing fancy like natural peanut butter, or crunchy peanut butter. Here’s why:
- If you have nuts in the peanut butter (no matter how small), it’s going to affect the texture of the cookie and could throw off how these bake up.
- Natural peanut butters tend to have more oil which can also affect how these cookies bake. If the peanut butter hasn’t been stirred enough, the extra oil could mess up the liquid to flour ratio in these cookies.
You can try them out if you’d like, but I can’t promise you the results will be the same!
The same principle goes for switching out peanut butter with another kind of nut butter. Depending on the nut butter, the oil could be too much and it won’t work out!
Stick with the cheap, classic peanut butter and you’ll be good!
Ingredients you need
The most important ingredients of this recipe are:
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter is *crucial* to this recipe. I mean, you can’t have Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles without peanut butter! As I said in the section above (but I’ll summarize for those speed-reading), stick with a classic, cheap peanut butter! No crunchy peanut butters or natural peanut butters that end up too oily!
- Vanilla – Vanilla helps make sure everything is sweetly flavored without anything being overly sweet! My crucial ingredient to making super delicious cookies.
- Cinnamon – If you’ve never tried cinnamon and peanut butter together you are seriously missing and are about to have your world rocked. Cinnamon enhances the sweetness in peanut butter in a beautiful way!
The other important ingredients are:
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- One Egg
- Brown sugar
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle tips and tricks
One big tip I have is to mix the sugar with the butter until it’s just combined! If you keep beating it, it can lead to extra air being incorporated in the dough!
I always suggest mixing these ingredients until *just* combined!
Another tip is to roll the dough into balls as quickly as you can and then transfer to the sugar. Your hands have a lot of heat in them, so the longer you’re holding onto the dough, the more the butter can soften. Just roll them quickly and then a quick roll in the sugar and on to the cookie sheet!
These cookies are so delicious and super easy to make!
If you like snickerdoodles, you are in for a peanut butter-y treat!
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter creamy
- 1 stick Butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip butter with sugar and brown sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- To the butter mixture, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to a separate bowl.
- Scoop out cookie dough, rolling into a ball in your hands. Gently roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes!
Leave a Reply