Soft, rich Peanut Butter Blondies are perfectly balanced with the sweetness of the brown sugar and the creamy, salted peanut butter. The cinnamon warms up the whole dessert making these as irresistible as they are delicious!
If you’ve never had the joy of tasting peanut butter and cinnamon together, you are definitely missing out!
Adding cinnamon, a warm spice, adds such depth and dimension to the peanut butter, a warm, nutty, flavor. Because these are both warm flavors, they play together so nicely.
The cinnamon and peanut butter combination are only enhanced by adding brown sugar, and, of course, butter! Butter makes everything better, am I right?!
I should start by saying there is no right or wrong way to swirl peanut butter. These are really just my ways of swirling. If you think you have an easier way, I encourage you to do that!
For bigger desserts, like these blondies or brownies, I use a knife to make sure I can get to the bottom of the pan and really spread the peanut butter throughout the batter. I like to start by pressing the knife into the glob of peanut butter and slowly pushing the peanut butter around in a swirling motion!
I like to leave some bigger blobs of peanut butter because I think it’s extra delicious when you get a biteful of peanut butter!
Not a fan of peanuts?
If you’re not a fan of peanut butter, or just have a peanut allergy, feel free to sub peanut butter out for any kind of nut butter!
Cashew butter, almond butter, and even Nutella would absolutely delicious in place of the peanut butter!
On the other hand, if you absolutely love peanut butter and want more peanuts, you can add chopped peanuts to the batter! I wouldn’t use chunky peanut butter because that might make it a little harder to swirl the peanut butter on top.
Tips for these Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies
- Use creamy peanut butter to get a better swirl on top!
- Make sure you use parchment paper in the your pan to help the blondies come out easier!
- Add a little bit of salt on top to really balance out the blondies!
Isn’t the cinnamon and peanut butter such a magical combination?
Who knew that peanut butter and cinnamon were such good friends? Good think we know now!
P.S. If you love these blondies, check out my other blondie recipe here!
Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups Brown Sugar packed
- 2 sticks Butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot on the stove, melt 2 sticks of butter. Set aside to cool slightly
- When the butter has cooled slightly, add in the sugar and vanilla.
- After the sugar is fully incorporated, add in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the butter mixture.
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined square baking dish.
- Drop dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. Use a knife to swirl around the peanut butter
- Place in the oven to cook for about 30-40 minutes. You want a toothpick inserted to come out clean!
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
Leave a Reply