Peppermint is my favorite flavor of the holidays! It’s especially delicious in these Chocolate Peppermint Cracker Candies! Sweet chocolate, crunchy peppermint, and a salty cracker come together to form the easiest, flavor-bomb candy.
Chocolate + Peppermint = Heaven
Chocolate is delicious all by itself, but adding mint to it!? That’s seriously my kryptonite right there.
No matter where, no matter what, if I’m in an ice cream parlor, I’m getting mint chocolate chip. No hesitation. In fact, the first gelato place I went to in Italy I got mint chocolate chip.
It’s my number one choice in ice cream, but I firmly believe that there’s no way to go wrong with mint and chocolate together in ice cream, candies, cupcakes, cookies, etc.
I love the combination of peppermint and chocolate. White chocolate peppermint bark has to be the thing I look forward to most around the holidays. That’s probably why I like these candies so much because they have a similar flavor with a little added salty crunch from the cracker. It might seem like a weird combination but you have to try it!
Not all crackers are created equal, but with that being said, I’m sure a variety of crackers would work in this situation.
I’m not the *biggest* cracker fan. Usually, if I’m eating a cracker there should be a delicious piece of cheese on top. Outside of a charcuterie board, I don’t typically have crackers on hand. If you are someone that loves crackers, then you might have a few options already in your pantry ready to use!
If you’re like me, and the cracker aisle has a million and one choices, don’t be overwhelmed. I like a softer, buttery cracker for these Chocolate Peppermint Cracker Candies. But you could go with a graham cracker or a saltine cracker.
I would stay away from things like cheese crackers though… I’m all for experimenting with different flavor combinations but that’s one I’m not quite ready for.
Talk about a loaded ingredient list, am I right?
How many of you had all these ingredients already in your pantry?! I love when that happens!
- Chocolate Chips – I used two types of chocolate chips, milk chocolate and white chocolate. This really just depends on your sweet tooth. If you like things extra sweet, definitely go with a milk or white chocolate. If you like a good balance, then go with semi-sweet. Or if you really don’t like things overly sweet, then try a dark chocolate!
- Crackers – I used a soft, buttery baked cracker. Feel free to substitute with crackers you may already have in your pantry like a graham cracker or a saltine would work great too!
- Candy Canes – I used a few mini candy canes, but you can use whatever form of peppermint you have like the mini round ones or even the green candy canes!
Tips and Tricks
One tip I have for these Chocolate Peppermint Cracker Candies is to have your ingredients ready before you start to assemble. Get the crackers laid out, the candy canes crushed, the parchment paper down, then melt the chocolate. I think it makes it easier to have everything ready. It also makes this process go by so fast! I’m all about a quicker time to get to the goods!
My second tip is to let the candies firm up on a piece of parchment paper at room temperature. If you’re in a hurry, you can pop these in the freezer if you need to. But I recommend storing them at room temperature otherwise the chocolate could start to sweat whenever you do bring them out to serve!
My third tip is to use parchment paper! It makes it so easy to contain the messy melty chocolate and easy removal when the chocolate is harden! I use parchment paper almost daily in my household, but definitely whenever I’m working with chocolate!
If you’re a fan of sweet and salty, you are going to LOVE these! I love the crunchy cracker with the creamy chocolate and the snap of the peppermint.
The white chocolate was definitely my favorite, but I don’t discriminate when it comes to chocolate candies!
Peppermint Chocolate Cracker Candies
- Parchment Paper
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 25 Crackers buttery, baked crackers
- 5 Candy Canes crushed
- Add chocolate to a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted.
- Dip one side of the cracker into the chocolate, then flip to coat the other side.
- Gently tap the cracker to remove excess chocolate, then set on parchment paper.
- Add a sprinkle of crushed candy canes and allow to harden.