No luck need with these Lucky Charms Rice Krispies! Crunchy cereal mixed with butter and marshmallow makes for one of the most delicious combinations! These might just be my favorite rice krispie creation yet!
Cereal Aisle Overload
Have you been down the cereal aisle lately!? There has to be like a hundred different kinds of cereals! Fruity, chocolatey, ones with honey, ones with nuts, ones with marshmallows!?
Honestly, the options are endless!
The classic rice krispie pairing would definitely have to be the puffed rice cereal; while plain by itself, it’s absolutely magical in rice krispies.
With that being said, I have a belief that practically any cereal would work for this! I used cornflakes in this recipe to make Rice Krispie Wreaths and they were so delicious! The cornflakes had extra crunch to them that paired perfectly with the melty gooey marshmallows!
I love the Lucky Charms in these bars because you get little pops of color and texture with the marshmallows in the cereal! I love when you bite into one and you can see all of the random shapes inside!
- Mini Marshmallows – I like using mini marshmallows because I think they melt quicker! Plus, I like to add in extra marshmallows at the end! If you want to use large marshmallows, that might change the cook time slightly!
- Lucky Charms Cereal
- Vanilla Extract
- Salt – I know it seems kind of odd to add salt to a recipe like this, but I believe it really helps balance out the bars so they don’t get overly sweet!
I really can’t believe that this recipe is only 5 ingredients! It makes me love it all the more!
Tips and Tricks
While this is a super easy recipe to make, the melty marshmallows can sometimes make this recipe a little tricky. If anyone has gotten a spoon stuck to the pan because the marshmallow started to harden, I feel your pain!
One thing I like to do to help make this process easier is to get all of my ingredients out and ready! Once that marshmallow starts to melt, you want to work quickly so you don’t burn the marshmallow. After you add the cereal, you have to work quickly to put it in the pan so they don’t get too hard to work with! By having all your ingredients by you, it makes this process super easy!
My second tip is to have parchment paper and cooking spray nearby! I like to using parchment paper because it makes sure that the Lucky Charms Rice Krispies don’t stick to the pan! No one can enjoy the deliciousness if they won’t come out of the pan! I like to use parchment paper to press down the rice krispies which helps pack them down to ensure extra delicious chewiness.
If you feel like the marshmallow mixture is sticking to everything, you can use a little cooking spray on your spoon and hands to help stop the mixture from sticking!
This recipe comes together so fast, you’ll want to make these every night!
Which is about how long these Lucky Charms Rice Krispies last in my house!
Lucky Charms Rice Krispies
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows 1 cup set aside
- 5 cups Lucky Charms Cereal
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Add butter and marshmallows to a large pot.
- Melt over medium-low heat, just until the marshmallows are melted.
- Quickly stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Add in Lucky Charms Cereal and 1 cup of extra marshmallows and stir together.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and press down to get perfectly flat rice krispies.
- Press a few extra Lucky Charm marshmallows on top.
- Let set for about 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
Leave a Reply