Sweet, chewy Blueberry Swirled Cornbread Cookies are about to be your new favorite cookie! The sweet blueberry jam swirled into a thick, cornbread cookie is the perfect combination of sweet and savory wrapped into one delicious cookie.
Blueberry Swirled Cornbread Cookie Defined
What the heck is a cornbread cookie!?!
It’s basically a beautiful combination of sweet honey cornbread mixed with a chewy cookie. I love the subtle flavor and texture the cornmeal gives the cookie. If you’re worried about these being too savory, fear not! The brown sugar, sugar, AND honey make sure these cookies are perfectly sweetened to delicious cornbread cookie perfection.
I add a generous dollop of blueberry jam to the top and swirl it around to create beautiful blueberry swirls all over the top of the cookie. Not only are they beautiful, but it also helps make sure every bite has a little bit of blueberry in it!
Not Just for Blueberries!
I think that the blueberry jam goes perfectly with the cornbread cookie! Blueberry jam is definitely an underrated jam that deserves more credit!
All of that aside, you can use whatever jam you have on hand.
I think that strawberry jam would be really delicious in this too, which would kind of gives this some strawberry shortcake vibes that would be perfect for spring!
Honestly, I think anything would go good with these cookies!
Or if you’re not that big of a jam lover, that’s okay too! You could also just the jam out all together! The cookie is sweet enough on its own, so you don’t have to worry about that!
- Brown Sugar
- Honey – The honey adds such a beautiful floral note that I think pairs beautifully with the blueberry jam!
- Baking Powder
- Blueberry Jam – feel free to use whatever jam you like with this recipe! If you don’t like jam, you can leave it off too!
Tips and Tricks
If you feel like the jam is spreading all over the place while the cookies are baking, you can make a slight indent in the cookie dough. This will cup the jam and prevent most of it from spilling out over the cookie dough.
I would leave about two inches between cookies while they’re baking in case they spread!
These Blueberry Swirled Cornbread Cookies are unlike any other cookie you’ve had! They are the perfect combination of sweet and savory without being too sweet!
I love the texture that the cornmeal gives these cookies! The cornmeal with the honey and blueberry jam gives me all the spring time vibes!
You’re definitely going to want to make these!
P.S. Looking for more blueberry recipes?! Try these Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish!
Blueberry Swirled Cornbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 & 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 cup Blueberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and shortening. Then add in brown sugar, sugar, and honey. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, corn meal, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir everything together.
- Scoop some cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Then dollop some blueberry jam in the middle of the cookie. Use a toothpick to gently swirl the jam into the cookie.
- Baking for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Leave a Reply