Is there a more classic breakfast than Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins!? I don’t think so! A soft, pillowy muffin loaded with blueberries and topped with a little bit of sugar for a crunchy top is the best way to start the day. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Every blueberry muffin is delicious but what makes these Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins so delicious!?
This recipe is slightly different than my other muffin recipes like this Chai Crumble Muffin (which is very delicious too!) because of the flour and fat content ratio! In this recipe, I used a combination of oil and butter to create the perfect balanced fat ratio.
Butter adds a ton of delicious flavor to the muffins, while the oil provides a ton of moisture to the recipe. This means you end up with delicious tasting muffins that are so incredibly moist on the inside.
This fat ratio combined with the flour creates tall delicious muffin tops and we all know that’s the best part of the muffin!
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
I should start off by saying muffins made with either fresh or frozen blueberries are going to be delicious!
If you use fresh blueberries, I like to coat mine in two tablespoons of flour before adding them to the batter. The flour helps them stick in the batter so when they’re baking they don’t all sink to the bottom. No soggy bottoms here!
If you use frozen blueberries, take them straight from the freezer, add two tablespoons of flour, and stir them into the batter. Try to do it in as few folds as possible, since the frozen blueberries tend to cause purple streaks throughout the batter!
The only difference you might notice using frozen would be the muffins might not rise as much due to the extra liquid the frozen blueberries have! Other than that, the taste should be the same!
- Greek Yogurt
- Baking Powder
I’m always going to eat the muffin top first, but especially with these Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins!
The tops puff up so beautifully in the oven and get a nice crunchy top with the sugar. It pairs so perfectly with the soft, blueberry-filled center!
Mornings just won’t be the same without them!
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with muffin cups, skipping every other one.
- In the microwave, melt the butter in 30-second increments until just melted.
- Then, pour butter into a large bowl with the oil and stir together.
- Add in sugar and mix together.
- Then add in Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk everything together.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until it's almost combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together blueberries and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Add blueberries to the batter and gently stir.
- Scoop into the muffin tins, top with a few more blueberries, and sprinkle with sugar on the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!