Let’s spice up breakfast with these Cake Mix Red Velvet Pancakes! A store-bought shortcut to get delicious, soft pancakes on the table even quicker!
Cake Mix Red Velvet Marvels
I always keep a box of cake mix in my pantry! There are *so* many different uses for it, it’s really a fantastic shortcut!
Cake mix can be made into cakes (obviously), but also, cookies, whoopie pies, muffins, pancakes, ice cream, cake balls, etc.
If you think about it, most baking ingredients have similar ingredients: flour, sugar, leavening agent. The cake mix provides all of those and you just get to change the liquid! Changing the liquid is how you can get so many different baked goods from one box!
It’s pretty cool if you think about it!
If you love these recipe using red velvet cake mix, you should check out my other recipes like this one for Red Velvet Cookies, or this one for Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies!
Pancake toppings are kind of like cupcake toppings where anything and everything goes.
Of course, you could just go with butter and syrup. That’s what I do!
But here are some other options:
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Shredded coconut
I love that pancakes go with honey and fruit, taking a very healthy turn. But they are also delicious with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
I don’t know about you, but I’m leaning towards whipped cream and chocolate chips!
- Red Velvet Cake Mix – any cake mix works here! I love the bright red color of these pancakes though!
- Flavorless Oil
- Flour – these just need a touch more flour to create that perfect pancake texture!
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract – I like to add just a few drops of almond extract to enhance the vanilla extract in this recipe!
Tips and Tricks
I like to use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter on to the griddle to help get pancakes that are all the same size! Having similar sizes helps the pancakes all cook at the same time.
I like to use a griddle to make my pancakes because I can make multiple pancakes at a time. If you don’t have or just prefer to use a nonstick pan on the stove top, that works fine too! I recommend covering the pancakes that are ready with a paper towel or dish towel so they stay warm while the others cook!
Pancakes are delicious, but these Red Velvet Pancakes feel extra special!
The bright red color is so vibrant and helps wake anyone up!
Cake Mix Red Velvet Pancakes
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Flavorless Oil
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A drop Almond Extract
- Add cake mix and flour to a bowl and whisk together.
- Then add in milk, oil, eggs, and extracts.
- Stir together.
- Heat up a griddle to about 350 degrees.
- Once warm, pour 1/4 cup of the batter to create the perfect pancake size onto the griddle
- Once the pancake starts to bubble, flip to the other side for another 2 minutes.
- When the pancakes are done, serve with butter and syrup!
Leave a Reply