These S’mores Cookies lasted about one night in my house before they were devoured! Melty chocolate and gooey marshmallow sandwiched in between a chewy cookie?! I mean, sign me up for that!
What’s different about these S’mores Cookies?
Typically, when it comes to making cookie dough, you use room temperature butter and whip butter and sugars together using a mixer.
However, I don’t like doing dishes, so the less dishes I can use during a recipe, the better! Am I right? So in this recipe I used melted butter instead! With melted butter, you don’t need to use a mixer to combine the butter and sugars, you just need a spatula!
The one trade off to using melted butter is that the dough needs to chill for at least 30 minutes for the butter to firm up. I’m willing to make that trade for less clean up afterwards!
Chocolate choice makes a difference!
If you’re looking for an easy way to step up your cookies (any desserts really!), change up the chocolate you’re using!
Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate chips! I’ll always have a bag in my pantry! But if you use a better quality chocolate, you’ll end up with more delicious cookies!
If you think about it, would you rather have a handful of chocolate chips or a bar of smooth, creamy quality chocolate? I don’t know about you, but I would go for the bar of chocolate! You could even use a higher quality chocolate chip if you didn’t want to chop the chocolate!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for easy clean up! If you allow the butter to cool slightly, then finish adding in the ingredients, you can make this all in one bowl! Pretty exciting, right?
- Add the marshmallows the last few minutes of baking. If you add them earlier in the dough, they can burn in the oven. I add them the last minute or so, then they puff up and turn a golden brown without burning!
- Add a touch of flakey salt at the end! There’s a lot of sweetness going into this recipe, with the chocolate, the sugars, and the marshmallows! Adding a touch of flakey salt to the top balances out the cookie into a perfectly flavored chocolate cookie.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Egg plus one egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 ounces Milk Chocolate chopped
- 1 cup Marshmallows mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Use 30 second increments until the butter is fully melted.
- Add in both sugars to the melted butter and stir together.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, then mix.
- Add in vanilla.
- To the butter mixture, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Once the dry mixture is almost fully added, add in the chopped chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take a medium cookie scoop and place large dollops of cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Top cookies with a few extra chocolate chips and bake for about 13 minutes.
- Pull cookies out and top with a few marshmallows. Put back in the oven for another minute or two.
- When the cookies are done, sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt.
S’mores cookies forever
Soft, chewy cookies with marshmallow and chocolate?!? These seriously had everything you love about s’mores into one delicious cookie!
P.S. Looking for another delicious S’mores dessert?? Try out these S’mores Blondies!