Thick, fudgey Chocolate Chip Blondies are basically chocolate chip cookies turned up to 1,000! They are ooey gooey in the middle, with melty chocolate throughout and a perfect crust on the outside! If you like chocolate chip cookies, then you are going to love these.
What’s in a blondie?
While some might say that a blondie is a brownie just without the chocolate, I would say that a blondie needs more respect than that!
To me, I like to keep blondies and brownies in their own separate sections. Sure, they both fit under the ‘Bar’ category, but I think they really have different components. I would look at a brownie as a chocolate, fudgy bar. While a blondie is like a thick, chewy cookie. If you would add it to a cookie, then you should add it to a blondie!
Both are delicious, but I think blondie needs a bit more appreciation than just being a cousin to a brownie. Don’t tell brownies, but I would rather have a blondie!
What kind of chocolate to add
Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. When it doubt, add more chocolate.
I need that saying printed on a t-shirt. (Note to self, add that to our reminder list)
For this recipe, I used plain ole’ chocolate chips. I always have chocolate chips in my pantry, typically a variety of milk chocolate, semi-sweet, and white chocolate. If you wanted to add anything and everything of the chocolate variety in your pantry to these blondies, I would 100% support that decision.
The best way to make a dessert amazing is to add flavors that you love! So if you prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips, use those instead! I’m a firm believer that chocolate decisions are made with the heart and not the head.
Tips for these Chocolate Chip Blondies
- For extra thick blondies, bake them in a square 8×8 pan!
- Save some extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the blondies right as they come out of the oven!
- For another layer of deliciousness, sprinkle a little bit of flakey salt on top!
These Chocolate Chip Blondies are basically the most delicious chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had.
Can you just imagine these hot from the oven with a warm scoop of ice cream?!
I mean, hello, Deliciousness!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Brown Sugar packed
- 2 sticks Butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot on the stove, melt 2 sticks of butter. Set aside to cool slightly
- When the butter has cooled slightly, add in the sugar and vanilla.
- After the sugar is fully incorporated, add in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the butter mixture.
- When the flour is almost mixed in, add in chopped chips.
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined square baking dish.
- Place in the oven to cook for about 30-40 minutes. You want a toothpick inserted to come out clean!
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Leave a Reply