Thick, chewy chocolate cookies with a large dollop of peanut butter swirled on top! Calling all chocolate peanut butter lovers, This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookie recipe is for you!
Wait, cake mix into cookies?
I know that it sounds totally crazy, but this shortcut definitely works!
If you think about, cookies and cake have a lot of the same ingredients: flour, sugar, leavening agent, eggs, and typically some form of butter or oil. Because of that, it’s really easy to take a cake mix, that has flour, sugar, leavening agent, and turn that into cookies.
All you’re really doing is changing the wet ingredients you add. Cookies required less wet ingredients because they need to hold their shape! By just adding in some oil and eggs, you have a super delicious, easy cookie!
This recipe is a really great cookie base that you can whatever you would like to! For these, Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies, I added just a bit of peanut butter to the top to totally transform these cookies into little works-of-art!
How to get a perfect swirl
To get that perfect peanut butter swirl, I place about a teaspoon of peanut butter right in the middle of the cookie dough. Then, I use a skewer to swirl the peanut butter throughout the dough.
You can also use a toothpick or a knife. I find that the thinner objects like the skewers and toothpicks work a little bit better and getting a swirl!
As the dough bakes and the batter spreads, the swirls will turn into beautiful, abstract, peanut butter art!
Tips for this recipe:
- Use a skewer or toothpick to get really beautiful swirls throughout!
- Mix your batter until everything is just combined, so you don’t overwork your dough!
- To really amp up the flavors, add a little sprinkle of flakey salt to the top!
Isn’t the peanut butter swirl on top so beautiful!? I mean, they wouldn’t be Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies without it!
P.S. Need more chocolate in your life? Try these Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Cake Mix Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Flavorless Oil
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter creamy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together oil and eggs.
- Add in cake mix and stir together.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter to the top. Using a toothpick, or skewer, swirl peanut butter around the top.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add a sprinkle of salt on top and serve warm!
Leave a Reply