Soft, chewy Red Velvet Cake-Mix Cookies are easier to make than you think! With a short-cut cake mix and sweet white chocolate chips, this cookie will quickly turn into one of your favorites!
Easy to eat and easy to make!
One of the reasons I love making cookies is that you can have a delicious batch of cookies from the oven in like 15 minutes! Including prep time, it’s still only like 25 minutes to get some delicious cookies on the table.
But if you still think 25 minutes is too long (same, girl, same), then these Red Velvet Cake-Mix Cookies are going to be your new favorite! If you can believe it, it takes less than five minutes to assemble this cookie dough, which means you can be eating delicious cookies in like 15 minutes!
That’s the real way to my heart: fresh, hot cookies in 15 minutes.
But, why is it red?
I’m usually not too into history but cake history is actually pretty interesting. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for anything involving cake…
Back in the day, like maybe 1800’s (don’t quote me on that), when the red velvet cake was first being invented, the goal wasn’t anything to do with red cake but to make a super delicious chocolate cake!
Bakers wanted a soft, moist chocolate cake, so they started adding different forms of leavening agents and adding different types of liquids, such as milk, buttermilk, and oil. One little baker ended up mixing a specific kind of leavening agents (a base) with buttermilk (an acid) and the cocoa powder which created a chemical reaction in the cake that ended with the chocolate cake having a slight red tinge.
Nowadays, the bright red color you know comes more from more food coloring being added to the batter.
Cake science and cake history are a beautiful thing.
White chocolate chips: yes or no?
I am a white chocolate chip addict.
They are my favorite sweet treat. I can’t even really give you a reason, but I will admit that I have a least a few each day.
I like the white chocolate chips in this cookies because I think it plays off of the cream cheese and red velvet pairing!
If you’re not a fan (that’s okay, I don’t judge), you can add regular chocolate chips or just leave them out altogether!
Tips for these Red Velvet Cake-Mix Cookies:
- I like to mix together the eggs and oil first that way I know everything is fully mixed. However, you don’t have to stress too much about this recipe!
- If you want these cookies to bake quicker, use a smaller cookie scoop. The smaller the cookie, the quicker they’ll cook!
- If you notice that your cookies bake up with a weird shape, you can always use my trick of taking a large cookie cutter and swirling the cookie around right as they come out of the oven. This helps them get a circular shape.
I mean, I am obsessed with the color of these! Such a beautiful red that fits in perfectly with the fall leaves!
Plus, I’m always looking for an excuse to squeeze in more white chocolate chips!
P.S. If you’re craving more cake-mix cookies, try out these Cookies N’ Cream Cake Mix Cookies!
Red Velvet Cake-Mix Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Flavorless Oil
- White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together oil and eggs.
- Add in cake mix and stir together.
- Add in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add a sprinkle of salt on top and serve warm!