All the fall flavors you love, packed into these delicious, soft Pumpkin Spice Muffins! Breakfast just got way more cozy!
How to get perfectly domed muffins:
This is a two-part answer to the question of, “how do we get perfectly domed muffins?” If you go to any bakery and you get a muffin, they’re going to have a glorious, domed muffin top that is absolutely delicious. Actually, I would say it’s my favorite part of the muffin.
The first step is to start the heat to 425 degrees and bake the muffins for about 5 to 7 minutes. Then, reduce your heat to 350 degrees and bake for the remaining 20 minutes or until the muffins are done. By starting your muffins at a higher heat, it causes the leaveners to immediately begin to puff up. Then when you lower the heat, you allow for the rest of the muffin to finish cooking fully so they don’t finish too quickly.
The second trick is to leave an empty muffin tin in between each muffin liner. So, if you have a 12 cup muffin tin you’re only going to be able to bake about six muffins at a time. This allows air to flow in between the muffin liners which causes your muffins to dome up and get really beautiful muffin shapes!
Pumpkin spice everything!
Pumpkin spice is definitely fall’s best mascot, if you ask me. I cannot think of fall without thinking of pumpkin spice. Hello, Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
I use pumpkin spice in everything so I always have a bottle on hand. If you don’t have pumpkin spice, you can definitely make your own! However I do think it’s easier just buying a bottle.
In order to make pumpkin spice, you need about 5 to 6 other spices. If you’re a spice lover and collector like myself, then by all means feel free to use this as an excuse to stock up that spice cabinet. Otherwise I would suggest buying a little bottle of pumpkin spice and using that for the duration of the fall and winter seasons.
What’s inside pumpkin spice?
So now that we know pumpkin pie spice is the unofficial official fall mascot, what’s it made of?
Pumpkin spice is made up of ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Talk about a powerhouse spice! There’s really a ton of beautiful, warm flavors in pumpkin spice which is why it’s so popular in the cooler months!
Because they’re so many different spices in pumpkin pie spice, I recommend just buying the bottle itself. It’s a little cheaper that way.
However, I do think it would be fun to make your own pumpkin pie spice! Then, you could bump up the flavors you really love! For me, I would bump up the cinnamon and nutmeg!
Tips for these Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
- Leave enough space in between each muffin liner.
- Make sure that you don’t overwork your batter. You want these muffins to be light and fluffy so just mix until they’re just combined.
- To make these muffins extra spicy and delicious, add a little bit of cinnamon in combination with your pumpkin pie spice.
These Pumpkin Spice Muffins have every single inch of my heart.
Fall is my favorite season and I absolutely adore the sweetness of the pumpkin in combination of the spicy cinnamon. I have waited all year for these muffins!
Excuse me while I “taste-test” them all!
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Turbinado Sugar garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Melt using 30-second increments.
- Add both sugars to the melted butter and stir together.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Stir together.
- After everything is mixed, stir in milk.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix everything together.
- Scoop into pre-lined cupcake molds.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin withe the turbinado sugar.
- Put the muffins into the oven. Bake for about 5-7 minutes. Then lower heat down to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Once cooled slightly, slather with butter and enjoy!!