These Crazy Candy Cookies settle the big dilemma of whether dessert should be candy or cookies by combining the two into a delicious, chocolatey, fully-loaded cookie! Soft, chewy, candy deliciousness all in one cookie package!
Candy, candy, candy!
‘Tis the season for candy, am I right?
Although, I never understood why they call it “fun-size.” Nothing is fun about having to open up 8 mini candies just to get an actual candy bar, not to mention the wrapper pieces. go everywhere. Call them minis and be done with it.
For these cookies, I highly recommend using a ton of different candies! The real fun comes when you get a bite of three different candy bars in one! Absolute heaven.
The only thing I suggest is not using any gummy candies. I’ve never baked with gummy candies but I’m not sure they could handle baking in the oven. Plus I’m a little on the fence with mixing fruity flavors with chocolate.
What makes these cookies so chewy?
I love a thick chewy cookie! They are my absolute favorite! Because of that, I like to use more brown sugar than white sugar in my cookie dough.
If you thought that sugar was only in these cookies to make them sweet, you’re partially wrong! I mean, I can’t say fully wrong, because obviously sugar does make these super delicious and sweet. But sugar actually plays a really huge part in the texture of the cookies. Sugar plays a different role in each cookie, reacting with the ingredients in different cookie dough to make them chewier, thinner, thicker, and/or darker in color.
For these cookies, the brown sugar helps them have a chewy texture, which is exactly what I’m going for!
Any last tips for these Crazy Candy Cookies?
My biggest tip for these cookies is to crazy with candy here! Don’t just put one or two candy bars in here. I’m talking like 4-5 different kinds! I also really like to chop the candy into different sized chunks, so some smaller pieces mixed with bigger pieces. It creates a really nice textural moment that I love.
These cookies are totally crazy and I absolutely love them! The different kinds of candy mixed together makes them so fun and a definite crowd pleaser!
What candies did you put in yours?!
Crazy Candy Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Egg plus one egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 4-5 Candy Bars chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Use 30 second increments until the butter is fully melted.
- Add in both sugars to the melted butter and stir together.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, then mix.
- Add in vanilla.
- To the butter mixture, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Once the dry mixture is almost fully added, add in the chopped candy.
- Take a medium cookie scoop and place large dollops of cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes.
- When the cookies are done, sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt.