The perfect combination of salty and sweet! These Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies are loaded up with chewy caramel, crunchy pretzels and delicious blondie flavor! When you get the perfect bite with a little bit of caramel and a little bit of pretzel, that’s what heaven tastes like…
The basics of blondies
Blondies really remind me of a chocolate chip cookie. Especially when they’re warm, fresh from the oven, and the middle is still soft and gooey. Definitely chocolate chip cookie vibe.
I think people tend to group them more with brownies, but I think they’re a good combination of both!
The one really amazing thing with blondies is that they literally go with everything. They’re like the Little Black Dress of desserts. You could put any flavor with them and it’s going to be delicious!
I love this sweet and salty variation, but I have a Chocolate Chip Blondie that is basically the chocolate chip cookie bar of your childhood dreams.
Pick the right caramel
Okay, yes, all caramel is delicious. I definitely won’t argue with you there. However, for this recipe, I highly recommend using a chewy caramel. If you’re in the candy aisle, they typically have a caramel that’s hard like a mint and then a chewy caramel that’s perfect for this recipe!
If you can’t find the chewy caramel, then I would just recommend using the caramel sauce in this recipe, you can just drizzle it on top of the blondie batter and then drizzle more after they’re finished! The harder caramels don’t melt well into the blondies and end up turning into little caramel rocks. Speaking from personal experience here…
Tips for these Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- Make sure to use a chewy caramel in this recipe to get a yummy caramel flavor!
- Make sure to break your pretzels into different sized chunks for a fun texture in the blondies!
- Putting parchment paper in your pan first will help the blondies come out easier when they’re done!
Sweet and salty is my favorite combination! Especially in this recipe when you get a chewy, sweet piece of caramel and a crunchy, salty bite of pretzel!
It’s so delicious and had me coming back for bite after bite!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups Brown Sugar packed
- 2 sticks Butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Chewy Caramels
- 1/2 cup Pretzels chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot on the stove, melt 2 sticks of butter. Set aside to cool slightly
- When the butter has cooled slightly, add in the sugar and vanilla.
- After the sugar is fully incorporated, add in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the butter mixture.
- Add in chopped pretzels and most of the chewy caramels.
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined square baking dish.
- Place in the oven to cook for about 30-40 minutes. You want a toothpick inserted to come out clean!
- In the last few minutes of cooking, place a few caramels on top to get all melty and gooey!
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!