Cornflake meets chocolate chip cookies in the most delicious creation of these Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies! My classic chocolate chip cookie dough gets the ultimate makeover with extra vanilla, cornflakes, and melty marshmallows to top it all off! If you thought s’mores cookies were good, just wait until you try these Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies!
What are Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies?
I know you’re not supposed to pick favorites, but these Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies might just take the spot.
At least for this week!
I take my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, which you can find here, and add a few extra embellishments.
I add an extra splash of vanilla which really starts the groundwork for these cookies to be amazing. Then I add in chocolate chips and tons of cornflakes. You don’t even have to worry about crushing the cornflakes because as you mix them in, they’ll naturally break down slightly.
Then, once I have the dough scooped on the baking sheet, I top it with a few mini marshmallows.
Once they bake in the oven, the cookies flatten out and create a perfect, chocolatey, crunchy bed for the melty marshmallows. These cookies just scream for an Instagram-worthy cookie break for an epic marshmallow pull.
Not Your Typical S’mores
You might see chocolate and marshmallow together and think this is just another classic s’mores cookie. While it’s similar, let me just say these Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies are like s’mores cookie cranked to max deliciousness!
I don’t know about you, but the graham cracker has always been my least favorite part of the s’mores. I also don’t like adding graham cracker to cookies because graham cracker has a tendency to soften and melt depending on the other ingredients it’s with.
But cornflakes? They keep their delicious crunchy texture the entire baking time! Which means you end up with a cookie that has melty marshmallow, creamy chocolate, AND crunchy cornflakes.
It’s everything you love about a s’mores but with a crunchy texture that I love!
I think I’m going to add cornflakes to every cookie now… Is that too much?
- Baking Powder
- Baking soda
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate chips – For this recipe, I used bittersweet since there’s a lot of other sugar in this recipe with the brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and marshmallows on top!
- Mini marshmallows – I like to use mini marshmallows because I think they melt better in the oven, but you can use the large ones if you want!
Tips and Tricks
One tip for these cookies is to really press the marshmallows into the cookie dough before you bake them.
If you just gently lay them on top, they could roll off the cooke dough while it bakes. While these cookies would be delicious without the marshmallow, you definitely want that gooey marshmallow moment on top! Trust me!
These cookies spread slightly so I would leave about 2 inches of space in between the cookies while they bake!
Melty marshmallow with creamy chocolate and crunchy cornflakes might sound a little odd, but *trust me* when I say these are amazing! It is almost impossible to eat just one of these.
Speaking from experience because I think I eat at least 2 at a time when I make them.
Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Butter room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy
- Add in the egg and vanilla, then mix.
- To the butter mixture, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- Once the dry mixture is almost fully added, add in the chocolate chips and cornflakes
- Take a medium cookie scoop and place large dollops of cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Top cookies with a few marshmallows and bake for about 13 minutes.
- When the cookies are done, sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt.
Leave a Reply