Creamy, smooth chocolate sauce that hardens after being poured on ice cream into a delicious chocolate shell. This Chocolate Magic Sauce is fun to crack into, but even more fun to eat!
The best topping for ice cream
Ice cream is delicious all by itself, but I like to go one step further and add this Chocolate Magic Sauce.
Hot fudge is great, but it melts your ice cream. Which means you have to eat super fast and no one wants that. This chocolate sauce is magic for two reasons: One, it is magically wonderful and delicious. (That totally counts.)
Two, it’s a warm chocolate sauce that hardens as soon as you pour it over the ice cream (or in one minute, sometimes it’s a little slow.). Without melting the ice cream, the chocolate will harden creating almost a chocolate shell over the ice cream. Then you get to break in and devour this delicious chocolatey heaven.
How does this sorcery work?
Let’s talk baking science! Pretty much the only science I’ll talk about. The secret ingredient that makes this whole thing work is the coconut oil inside! Coconut oil is a liquid when warmed but is primarily a solid. So by adding it to the warm chocolate the coconut melts, and then firms up again with the cold ice cream.
If you’re worried that the chocolate will taste oily, or coconut-y, don’t be! All you taste is the delicious chocolate flavor!
Tips for the Chocolate Magic Sauce
- I recommend using this the day you make it! If you have extras, you can save it and reheat it. You just have to be careful that you don’t burn the chocolate. To avoid that, I just recommend making enough for how much you’ll need that day!
- I used a bar of chocolate for this because I prefer the taste, but you could also use chocolate chips if you have them!
- To get the chocolate shell to harden quicker, make sure to pour the chocolate in a thin layer and that the ice cream is very cold.
Chocolate Magic Sauce
- 8 ounces Chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Chop up chocolate and add to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add coconut oil to chocolate.
- Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir together, continue heating until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over ice cream. Wait about 1 minute for the shell to harden!
- Crack in and enjoy!
Pretty easy, huh?
An ice cream topping that’s only three ingredients?! How easy is that?!
P.S. Looking for more easy recipes? Check out this short cut store-bought frosting hack!