Chocolatey, delicious, warm brownies are the ultimate dessert! But add in some browned butter and even more chocolate and you have yourself Browned Butter Brownies that will knock your socks off!
Let’s talk about browned butter for a second here. Why is browned butter so delicious!? Well, it’s basically a caramelized version of regular butter. Caramelizing the butter creates a richer, warmer, depth of flavor in the butter. By starting with a flavor bomb like browned butter, these brownies have no choice but be absolutely delicious!
The trick with browned butter is keeping that balance between browning the butter and burning the butter. Burnt butter is not exactly the flavor profile we’re going for here. When I’m making browned butter, I keep the heat on medium until it starts to bubble and then lower the heat down to low. I like to swirl the butter every 30 seconds or so. This whole process takes about 10 minutes!
If this process seems like a lot (it gets easier, I promise!), then you can just use melted butter instead!
Extra chocolate, please
When it comes to adding chocolate, I’m pretty much always going to side with more chocolate! Am I right, or am I right!?
I like to use a good-quality chocolate bar for this recipe because I like the flavor it adds in combination with the browned butter! You can really add whatever chocolate you’d like though! Whatever you think will make the brownies better!
Tips for these Browned Butter Brownies
- Brown your butter to a golden color. Think of a deep rich yellow color!
- Use your favorite chocolate – whether that’s a fancy chocolate bar, chocolate chips, or even white chocolate!
- Underbake your brownies slightly! You want the batter to be set but still a little soft! Hello, Gooey Middle Piece!
Pretty delicious, right?!
Have you been converted to the browned butter side? I have fully devoted myself to browned butter and I’m totally okay with that!
Browned Butter Brownies
- Square Baking Pan either 9 inch or 8 inch
- 2 sticks Butter melted
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 8 ounce Chocolate Bar chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pot on the stove on a medium-low heat.
- When the butter is melted and begins to bubble slightly, turn the heat down low and stir slowly. The process takes about 7-9 minutes. You'll know the butter is browned when its a golden color!
- Take the butter from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the browned butter.
- Then stir in flour and cocoa powder.
- Add in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon the brownie batter into a parchment paper lined square dish and put in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!